Thursday, June 19, 2008

Arizona

For Tyson's grad gift/birthday gift, I decided I wanted to take him on a must needed vacation. In January, I booked a trip to Arizona to stay with his mission buddy (Mike Kemton) and his family. The hardest part about the whole trip was keeping it a secret from Tyson for 4 months. I ended up making it till the night of his grad (I am very proud of myself) and he was definately very surprised. We left on our way to Arizona on May 18 and arrived on a nice hot 109 degree day.
It was clearly a perk for Teagan and I when we discovered a pool in the Kempton's back yard. Teagan and Reese were eager to be outside the instant that they woke up but it was nice because the weather was in the 80's by 9 in the morning. I had to get this cute picture of Reese because her chunky little cheek was always hanging out of her undies. I thought it was so funny. Riess was definately very patient with Teagan taking over all her dolls and toys. We had quite the adventure when we went to the lake boating. It was a really hot day and we went boating for the afternoon. It was about 5 at night when we turned off the boat to take a break and we were very greatful that none of us hit a log or any other run off while skiing and wakeboarding. We visited for about an hour and then decided it was time to head back. I thought Mike was joking when the boat wouldn't start. We all looked at each other with wide eyes but for some reason we all thought after a prayer and giving the boat a couple seconds it would start right up. Soon Tyson and Mike were rowing the ski boat down the canal. After 2 hours of paddling, it eventually got dark and the kids crashed on the seats for the night but the shore was still hours away. All of the sudden we saw a boat coming our way. We thought that they saw our big spot light but as they went to pass us we realized they were just taking their boat for a night time stroll. It was a bunch of young drunk kids that towed us back to shore. God definately answers our prays in mysterious ways and I'm not going to lie, they were making pretty good fools of themselves. We had to laugh on the way home at some of their funny comments.








I was so excited when I found out that we were going to the zoo. I haven't been to the zoo since 5th grade so it was one of my highlights of the trip for sure. My favorite animal there was probably the giraffs. They were so tall and huge. Teagan's favorite animal was probably the birdies, which most of you all ready know from asking Teagan what she saw at the zoo.


Being with the Kempton's is always a blast. They are such fun friends. Tiff is such an amazing mom and person and Mike is the life of the party. It was fun getting to know Riess and Cash better. Riess is going to make an amazing little dancer one day and is a awesome big sister and Cash is the most layed back kid ever.


Play group with all Reese's cousins.With the help of Tiff, Tyson and I were able to go to the temple while she watched Teagan. I love the Messa temple because it reminds me of the Cardston, Alberta temple. On Sunday we spent the evening on the temple grounds. It was a lot of fun and so beautiful.


1 comments:

Tiffany said...

Jillene,
We miss you guys so much! It was so crazy how much we all missed you guys once you left. I know Tyson was anxious to get back and get things rolling and you were ready to finish getting settled in your HOUSE (yea! So glad you have a house!, but a week and a half just wasn't enough. Seriously!!!! Love the post, such great memories..the lake was so random! I love the pics of the kids, but I have to say Reese's wedgie is my fave! Love you guys!!!!