Tuesday, June 30, 2009

3 week energy surge

14 days is all that is left between being a family of 3 to welcoming a new child into our home. Last week I was caught off gaurd when I started to feel crampy. Most people are ready by 3 weeks to be relieved of waddling but I was not prepared and extremly axious and scared. When I woke up the next morning feeling great again, I decided I needed to get a lot more done and prepared for our little baby. I heard that all women get a surge of energy just weeks before delivery and that is exactly what I got. Our sewing machine sat on the counter for the entire week while I sewed non stop. Tyson was so sick of my projects he would go for bike rides or jog at night to rid of the sound of the loud machine. It was a lot of work because I had to make a boy and girl version of everything and now that I am finally finished I have zippo energy. But, I feel a lot better a little more prepared.
I bought this rocking chair for 20 dollars at a yard sale and recovered it with chenelle fabric:

This was an old frame found in my parents garage in Canada. I brought it all the way back because I had the perfect purpose and place for it in Teagan's room:

This project was my most exciting. I have wanted to make a quilt for ever and never had the teacher or time to do it. When I went home to Canada I asked my mom to help me make my first quilt. She was so excited and more than ready to teach me how (my mom is the best seamstress). She had this adorable fabric and I was nervous to leave her side with the quilt unfinished but when I got home I continued at it until it was done. It was so much fun and once the baby is born I will start on a baby quilt but I need to find out the gender first:


Hooter Hiders boy and girl versions. One is reversable so I can keep it for girl or boy:


Girl and Boy version of wipey cases, different fabric on each side:


Booties, can you believe that something so small can take 2 hours each to make:

7 comments:

The Scow's said...

You are so close! I can't wait to see what you have and what you name him/her. Where did you get the pattern for booties? Were they hard to make? You are quite the talented seamstress!

kelsey said...

wow, jillene! look at you, sewing up a storm! everything looks great. you are awesome. i would never have the patience to make two of everything! love the booties, and the quilt is darling.
good luck in the next few weeks!

Unknown said...

Wow, those ALL look fantastic. I became extremely obsessed with quilting after Danna was born, it's addicting so be prepared. Good luck with the upcoming labor!

Candace said...

You are AMAZING! I mean it, everything is so dang cute. How in the world did you make those cute little booties? I want to learn how! Can you teach me?

Baker Family said...

love,love, love all the projects!!! I want some booties...they are so cute. You are a maniac- that's alot of sewing for 1 week. I can hardly wait for the little baby...it's coming so soon.

Carissa said...

Wow! You have been busy. Everything looks so adorable though. Good luck with everything the next few weeks. :)

The Coopers said...

Wow, sooo cute. Love all your little projects, someday i would love to learn to sew good.. you are getting so close..that is so fun. Good luck!