Saturday, September 26, 2009

Borrowed Time

There is a very special person in my life that we almost lost today. This person is my Grandma Folsom. My Grandma was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer two summers ago and hasn't smoked or been around smokers a day of her life. Since her diagnosis she has been a fighter. With Stage 4 lung cancer, it cannot be cured but can be treated and most people live a few months, not a couple of years. But she not only fights through the nausea and pain that she has to suffer constantly for herself, but for all of us that love her so much and don't want to see her go. Yesterday was my Grandma 77th birthday and last week all the family that could make it gathered to surprise Grandma for her birthday. Because I was nursing Hudson in a nearby room I wasn't able to sing Happy Birthday to my grandma but I could hear them singing. I fought to hold back the tears but it was pointless. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has given us so much time with Grandma. Another birthday, another moment, another day. I love this women so much and I know that Heavenly Father has a timeline for all of us but once again I am so grateful to have had such an amazing grandma to strive to follow in her footsteps. I love you Grandma.



Enjoying the cake and ice cream


Teagan made a gift for Grandma

0 comments: