Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Our First Home

I have been meaning to post some pictures on our blog of our new/old home, but I first had a few things I wanted to fix before I put it all out there. After a long summer of barren rocks and dirt in our front flower bed, I finally found some great fall deals on plants and starting digging. The bushes will take a couple summers to really fill out but as of now, I am happy with the results. I wanted to get in the holiday spirit with some fall corn husk thingy's on my railing, so you don't have to wonder what that weird yellow thing is from this distant picture. This is a shot from the angle of walking in the front door. This is our upstairs living room and I have really loved our new non-plaid couches FINALLY, but no worrys they are downstairs if you want to lay on them. This pic is taken of the other angle of the living room from the hallway going into the kid's rooms and bathroom. The front door is right next to the love seat.

The kitchen is open to the living room that you just saw. There use to be a wall right here but the previous owners luckily knocked the wall out so it is open. To the right is a stairway to the upstairs and by the kitchen stove around the corner is a stairway to the downstairs. This is Teagan's room, she requested yellow walls with a little persuading on my behalf and to our good fortune it turned out well. In the corner of this picture we had the good fortune of painted over a painting of a giant volcano. Hudson's room didn't take much. We were going to leaving the color (a off white) but it wasn't working well with his decore. Tyson we thrilled when I walked in the house with a gallon of light brown/grey paint. Thanks honey for helping paint this room, which was the last of 4 rooms. This room has been nice because it is right above our bedroom which is in the basement and it stays dark because his one window goes into the added on garage. The previous owners left these cute curtains which worked out perfectly.
This is all I have the guts to show right now because the rest of the house needs a lot of work. My next tasks to come are the bathroom and the upstairs guest room which will both take some paint and decore. The job that is going to take much more work is our master bedroom which is my plan to hopefully work on the winter (but we will see) and the yard this spring. Wish us luck.

3 comments:

Candace said...

I love it, you've done such a great job! We'll have to stop by sometime on our way through. I've been trying to redo the kids rooms, and it has been fun but stressful as well. Looks great though!

Katy said...

Congrats on the house you guys! You have done such a good job decorating it. So cute.

angie said...

so cute Jillene. it makes me want an older home to fix up! i can't wait to see the rest of it.