Monday, July 18, 2011

Complete Transformation


When Tyson and I first moved into our house, which was 1 year ago, we decided to have our master bedroom in the basement because the previous owners did and because there is a master bathroom. We absolutely hated being downstairs and after 1 year of going down into our cold dungeon and hoping that our children would be safe on the main floor we decided to move up to Hudson's room and move both kids upstairs which meant having to renovate 3 bedrooms, YIKES! My friends know how I roll though and I like to take on an overwhelming amount of projects in as little time as possible and after finishing them I don't do anything for an entire year till the next spring. All of the rooms just needed a little TLC and paint but Hudson's room was an inferno and had a gun cage in it was grain wood paneling so I desperatley needed my dad's help. We decided to use a less expensive alternative and went with beaboard. I can't believe it is still the same room.

Master bedroom on the main floor where Hudson use to be. It took me 4 coats of paint because I hate primer and am in too big of a hurry to take the time to use it. I really regretted after the second gallon and fourth coat. The furniture was a four piece set I got at a yard sale and then painted from a orange brown to black and sprayed the handles from a gold to silver. The bedding I got on smartbargains.com for only 60 bucks. It is from bed bath and beyond and when I looked on their site it was on clearance for 250 buck. I am so proud of that deal. Keep in mind that this room is far from finished but this is the furniture!

Hudson's bedroom on the top floor. The window is the front of the house from his room. I loved the really light gray color. I am actually really upset that I didn't take a before picture. This room doesn't look even close to the same. It was so dark and frieky before. I didn't have to buy anything new for his room, all his decore worked perfectly.

Teagan's room looks much cuter than this picture does justice. That darn glare. I really wanted her to do this really light rosey pink color but she really wanted purple. I love purple but have always been hesitant on putting it on the walls. When I came home with the swatches I fell in love with the purple next to her bedding that has a plum purple in it. I found a drastic shade lighter in the same plum tone and I am so grateful that Teagan demanded purple because pink wouldn't have been nearly as cute. Good job Teag. This room is on the north (side) of the house. Our house faces East. It too isn't completed. I need curtains and some more decorations for her hutch.

0 comments: