Monday, May 23, 2011

Mexican Riveria, here we come

I was counting down the days for this very moment, so when we got off our shuttle and saw our cruise ship sitting there, I had to get a picture. It was kind of ironic that the couple we asked to take the picture was a young LDS couple from Salt Lake.
I think we got more picture getting on the boat then the entire cruise.
We were seriously relieved when we ran into Shawn and Chels. They have done this before and we felt like a fish out of water. They took us under their wing and showed us the way.
Our cute little room that started out as two single beds and after being very concerned and demanding our King we were promised, the beds were pushed together and wahla, a King!
Every evening they would put a towel pet on the bed with two chocolates. This was our first pet and it won the award of the cutest towel pet of the week.
Some intense entertainment in the Black Pearl (our formal dining room)
 Enjoying every waking moment of the heat. It was so hot that I would have been completely satisfied laying out the entire cruise and absorbed the rays.

Some guy carved this chief indian ice sculpture in 20 min. Pretty impressive.
These two boys were absolutely obsessed with mini golfing. Even during the last two days at sea when there were 70 mile per hour winds. They would call their shots and the wind helped Shawn out with a couple amazing hole in ones.

Formal night #1
Best dining experience ever
Everyone's favorite desert but mine, I liked the pudding cake

 Cabo baby. It was a crazy day that started out with bartering our way onto what we thought was a safe ride to Pelican and Lover's beach (an island a short distance from Cabo). When we were led to our boat I didn't know if we were actually going to make it to the beach. There were no life jackets and the driver spoke no english. We got a tour we didn't understand and were left with hundreds of other tourist on the beach (I even witnessed a girl attempting to jump off the boat onto the beach and the boat running her over). Our ride never returned and we had to pay someone to return us to land. The one thing cool about the whole experience was finding out that this island is only here once every four years so it was fun to check it out and it was worth it, it was gorgeous.
Just sitting onto our not so safe boat. On lover's beach. It was gorgeous and there were caves.
On our crazy boat ride, some seals.
Cute boys with huge muscles. The waves were huge and I guess that a couple of snorklers died the week before.

Walking the streets of Cabo
Tubbing it up (This picture was later that night)


Cabo again. Shawn and Chels did their own little excursion, so Tyson and I did our own exploring.



Puerto Vallarta. Loved this place was so much fun and we enjoy some very yummy Mexican food.


So hot right now, Hansel

The shows were great and the comedian's were hillarious. Very entertaining.

We had to game it up, it is a tradition from the good old days.
Best Day ever. We were in Peurto Vallarta waiting for our excursion. We went on a extreme canopy excursion. It started out with a 30 min boat ride to a private little village. Then we boarded a truck and rode up into the mountains. Then we got fitted with our zipline and repeling equipment. Then we took a 30 min mule ride up the moutain further. Then we rode down 8 different zip lines (one was 200 ft). Then we repel down a water fall and free fall repel. One of the ziplines splashed into the water. It was a 6 hour event and it was a blast.

After repeling down a waterfall

The truck we rode. An off roading adventure, just my cup of tea.
 Formal night #2

 Don't tell Tyson, but I met a guy.
 Chocolate buffet


 Yummy food
     
Last Night, I love this boy, most of the time.
One of the highlights of our lives. Thanks Shawn and Chels for inviting us on this amazing and memorable adventure. So many funny moments and great friends to enjoy a entire week with. I am so grateful to my mom and sister and brother in law for watching my kids. They had so much fun and I definitly missed them more then they missed me. Tyson and I were able to really have a blast together!

3 comments:

Candace said...

I'm so jealous but so glad that you guys had so much fun. Parents definetly deserve a break from the kids, I think it makes us better parents when we return! Glad that you had good weather. Cute pictures!

Mike Draper said...

Wow that looks so fun! It was good to see you guys on the fourth... your kiddos are so stinkin cute! PS. You shouldn't be allowed to look that good in a bikini after having a baby... haha Im a tad jealous. lol

Anonymous said...

sorry that last comment was from me but may have been under my husbands account... lol